I’ve been on the spiritual path for most of my life, but that path hasn’t always looked the same. And the level with which I love myself and other has varied significantly. My past spiritual experience is for another post, for this one I am looking forward.
I just turned 27 and have committed to making this year one of love and light. There is so much beauty in this world and so much to be thankful for, and not even in a #blessed manner, but actually take a step back and realize how great my life is. But I get it, everyday life struggles and swings can sometimes cloud this beauty and if it goes on too long you can lose sight of the light.
This is what I do to try to keep the loving force of light as my SOP.
- Surround myself with people who love me.
- Being around their warmth and perspective will further your feel-good vibes. Love begets love right?
- Little things that keep me comfortable or make me happy throughout the day.
- This is along the lines of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. If your base level needs are met i.e. you are comfortable, you can worry about other things.
- Get outside and move.
- Be it yoga outside or going for a hike, it is hard to underestimate how much good sunshine and some movement can do for our souls.
- Stay organized and don’t overbook myself.
- This speaks to knowing your limits. You can’t pour from an empty cup, so it is helpful to take care of yourself so that you can help others spread the light.
- Challenge myself/ nourish my mind.
- An idle mind does the devil’s work. I love to learn, so keeping my mind stimulated is imperative to be in the right frame of mind to share reiki and love.
- Go on trips.
- New scenery can be refreshing and help you recognize how similar we all really are.
- Nourish my body.
- Eating well affects the whole system and fuels you for all your amazing endeavors.
- Try to understand others.
- This doesn’t need explaining. Empathy.
- Think like my dog- all the loves.
- My dog loves everybody and seeing people is like the greatest thing in the world. If I approached people and events in my life with even half his vigor I would be the nicest person. ever.
- Make a list of all the great things in your life.
- 5. 10. 15. Why is your life so great? Your kickin’ so somethings gotta be awesome!
- Reiki self-treatment.
- Infuse yourself with light.
Remember though, not every day is going to be all sunshine and rainbows. And guess what? That’s totally ok! You’ll learn something and you could potentially be more grateful for the smooth running days. The world has enough assholes try not to add to that number.
Be the love friends.